Friday, February 02, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel

Oh, hallelujah, I'm feeling a little bit better. Yesterday was a really hard day. Forrest had been planning to go on this snowmobiling trip with the Wilkey family for months and we'd lined up my Mom to stay with me the night he was gone. If I hadn't have been sick, it would not have been such a big deal. I even thought I was better by Wednesday evening. But Wed night was a hard one and I only got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep. I think the lack of sleep thrust me back into the clutches of sickness because the coughing came back with a vengance. Forrest left early that morning without really knowing that I was getting sick again. So yesterday I was sick, feverish, and operating on 3 1/2 hours of sleep--and due to Wyatt waking up or the phone ringing or the kids' friends coming over or the kids basically running crazily throughout the house, I was never able to take a nap. I just kind of moaned and shuffled around. Finally my mom heard the sound of my voice on the phone and decided to leave work early to come and rescue me (bless her). So my mom came and my dad took the kids to karate lessons and I crashed from about 5-7 p.m. and woke up feeling 10 times better. Then my mom took Wyatt until about 1:00 a.m. and let me sleep even more--and even after 1:00 a.m., Wyatt ate and fell right back asleep and I got a couple more good chunks of rest. Now my mom and dad have the three older kids and are taking them on a little adventure today: they're riding the Trax downtown to go to the cool public library. So I just got Wyatt down for a nap, the house is nice and quiet, I'm not coughing much anymore, and I think I just might make it.

When Forrest called yesterday he felt terrible and told me that I get all the sleeping and footrubs and special food I want all weekend. So hopefuly the good times will keep rolling :-).

Here are some more pictures. Babies change so much, so fast, in the first few weeks. I already feel like Wyatt is bigger, although chances are good that he's still just right around his birthweight. We'll see at his 2 week appointment on Monday.

This first picture is of Jonas and Ethan. In the course of 24 hours they both received fat lips (see why I can't nap?). Ethan was responsible for both fat lips, giving Jonas his with a rogue karate move and getting his while flinging himself over something in the basement (I'm still not entirely sure of the whole story):



And of course, here's some more cute ones of Wyatt. The first one is a sweet picture of him sleeping that I fiddled with a bit on my photo software.



"Hey, Mom! Stop taking my picture at 2:00 in the morning!"



And I think he looks like such a big boy in this shot. He's been spending a lot more time just looking around and even engaging with us. It's fun to look into his eyes and see somebody in there!

4 comments:

mindy said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Isn't it amazing what a good chuck of sleep can do for our physical, as well as mental happiness.
Sounds like you have a lot to look forward to this weekend. I hope you will really get some nice pampering from Forrest, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures of Wyatt - especially that bottom one - the cutest thing on this boy, is his kissy lips - they're just too much. After staring at his little sleeping baby head for a few hours last night (the hair dryer worked wonders on him - not his hair - just his pschye - I turned it on and it was an immediate reaction - like he was being hypnotized - and he was so calm and cuddly I just kept on rocking him and watching Rachel Ray on Food Network_.We had a blast with the kids today - I feel like I'm in an altered state today though - halfway between my house and yours - it's so wonderful to have you all so close. I'm so impressed with how you young moms can do it all - I'm hammered tonight and you have to do it all again . . . and again . . . and again . . .but then it's over and all a dim memory and so worth it
Love you all a ton - hope Forrest made it back safe and sound and you get the foot rubs!
Love,
Mom

andrea said...

I love the black and white oval-shaped photo. Very impressive photo shopping skills!

Glad you made it through that rough day. And glad you had Mom around to help.

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

So that's why Mom didn't return my phone call. (-:
I'm glad you're feeling better. I loved having mom stay with us those first few nights. Sleep is a powerful thing.
Wyatt looks adorable in all those pictures. I especially love that last one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...