Monday, September 08, 2008

Go Buy That Segullah Book!!


So my sister-friends at Segullah just got a book published by (dum, dum, daaaaaahhhh) Deseret Book. I, for one, couldn't even get them to return my emails, so I'm just sayin, I'm *impressed*.

It's a fantastic book about motherhood, chock full of great writing and even greater insights. Beautiful prose (and even, gasp, real poetry!) and some wisdom and humor to boot. Who could ask for anything more? It's the kind of book I'm thrilled to see Deseret Book publishing.

And hey, yeah, I can say that I wish I was a part of it. Unfortunately for me, I joined the Segullah gang after this book was already done . . . but if this book sells well enough, Segullah's putting together a sequel and I should be a part of that one. If I can ever get off my behind and revise my essay, that is. (Love ya, Kathy! :-). So buy lots of these, if only so someday I can say that I got published by the ever-elusive (except to all those friends of mine, plus my flesh-and-blood brother) DB.

Oh, and because it's really good. And written by lots of wonderful people, whom I love. And because not everything has to be about me, right?? :-)

Check out the link on my sidebar and you can read all about it. Plus look at pictures of my friends on the authors page and see how pretty all of them are. Really, I'm not jealous . . .

10 comments:

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Hey Angie, I stole your link from Heidi's blog...those sound like great books and I can't wait to read yours!

Heidi said...

Hey Aub, you're not allowed to post a comment before me! Just kidding! Ang it was good to see you guys again at FHE. :)

The Normal Mormon Husband said...

Ang - Let me know if DB wants to publish the male version of the Segullah book. I know a guy who could get it off the ground. It would be called, "Growing Into Fatherhood...And Getting Regrettably Fat In the Process." All of you at Segullah are such great writers that I'm sure it's a good read. And give my belated congrats to Ethan and then give him a wedgie for me. (Standard new Deacon protocol...)

Anonymous said...

Ang - I saw this book on the Segullah website and it looks fabulous - I will definitely buy one - is this the one by your friend Kathy who came to your book signing at Deseret Book?
Love,
Mom

Ang said...

Hi Aubrey and Heidi!! So glad you popped over. And Drew, love your book title. And Mom, yes, Kathy at my book signing is the editor at Segullah, and she compiled the essays and poems in the Segullah book (which are written by all the Segullah ladies).

Evie said...

Angie! I was happy to find your cute blog! It is very cute! I am going to have to go get that book!
See ya
Eve

Ang said...

Eve, glad you found me. Now I'll have to go check YOU out!

Delise said...

I love your book recommendations. I'm always looking for new ones! Glad we live close now, let's get together with the fam!

heather said...

I love that you posted this! I am so proud of Brooke for getting a story in!

Darlene said...

how do I get one of those little book icons on my blog?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...