a good read.
Right?
I battled the throngs this morning (and no, I wasn't trampled to death like the poor guy in New York.) I found almost everything I was looking for, and my Christmas shopping is 93% done. Are you 93% done too? And are you wondering what to get for that final 7%?
Might I humbly suggest some reading material? There's some good stuff on my sidebar, including the most recent issue of Irreantum, yours for the bargain basement price of ten buckeroonis. C Jane's book is a delight (truly--just ask my mom, who read the whole thing the night she babysat), and all proceeds go to benefit Stephanie Nielsen. The Mother in Me is a perfect gift for any mom and written by some of the coolest ladies I know. And then there's my book, too. Most of you have already read it, I know, so if you have you're off the hook. But if any of you live in the SLC/Provo area and would like to give it as a gift, I'd be happy to sign a copy for you. Let's meet for lunch at Zupas and get a bowl of Chicken Enchilada Chili and I'll whip out my pen.
And now I must go and gird up my loins for tomorrow . . . the great day of decorating. Oh, the paraphernalia! Wish me luck.
Oh! Not so fast. I forgot to say that yes, we had a fantastic Thanksgiving yesterday (thanks Mom). Lots of great food, and I didn't humiliate myself bowling at the Fat Cats bowling alley last night. A Thanksgiving Miracle!
And congrats to Forrest, who came in 6th place in his age group (35-39 year old men) at this year's SLC Cold Turkey race, a 6K in City Creek Canyon. Not only did he do the Hallstrom name proud, but he preemptively burned off all the calories he subsequently consumed at Thanksgiving dinner. He went with his sister Mindy and her husband Pete, and all three of them did great (and will probably remain svelte throughout the holidays). Great job, guys!
2 comments:
For Thanksgiving I'm thankful we were able to share it with your guys and make it a memorable event. mmmmm, stuffing made by Angie...
XO
Mom
I guess I should've got you a book for Christmas. But what book could I possibly get you? Hopefully you'll like my present anyway.
Good job to Forrest on the 6k. We just bought a treadmill and I cannot understand why people enjoy running. I'm going to give the theory of "the more I do it the easier it'll get" a try, but I'm not crossing my fingers.
Post a Comment