A wonderful woman in our ward just started up a photography business and she did a photo shoot for our family for a steal of a price. After all the work she did taking the photos, then editing and tweaking them all? I'm thinking I need to give her a tip. Or at least a big plate of cookies or something. Anyway, I really like the photos, but I'm having a hard time deciding which family photo I think would be best for our Christmas card because, while each photo has elements I really like, there's also something about each one that makes me go "hmmm, maybe not." What I'm saying is I can't decide on a clear front runner. So that's where you, my helpful readers, come in. Which of the photos below should be our Christmas card? And which one (if it's a different one) should we order in an 11 x 14 print for our wall? (Because what you want in a Christmas card might be different than what you want in a wall portrait, you see.) And I'll get this out of the way right now: yes, I should have worn something else (sweater too frumpy, white tank underneath kind of disappears, and my jeans look baggier than I realized they did -- sigh) and yes, when I gain five pounds it all goes to my face. When people complain about gaining all their weight in their rear end I feel absolutely no sympathy for them because the truth of the matter is, when is the last time somebody took a picture of your rear end? Anyway, enough about me and my envy of the skinny-faced/fat-bottomed. Let's get to the pictures:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
Then here are some other photos from the shoot I thought I'd share. They're fun, but not in Christmas card contention:
We also got a nice shot of Forrest and me, but the photographer wasn't completely happy with it because it wasn't as sharp as she wanted it to be. I still had her include it in our cd, though, even if it looks a little more processed in order to compensate for the non-sharpness (or something like that). And hey, look, no wrinkles on our foreheads!
And then last, but definitely not least, my good lookin' kids:

So now, my dear blog readers, let me know what you think. I'm not going to tell you which photo I think I'm leaning toward yet, since I don't want to influence the outcome. Like how on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, when the contestant says which one she thinks is right BEFORE asking the audience -- I mean, that's a total waste of an "ask the audience" lifeline, don't you think? Anyway, even if you don't comment a lot, I'd love to know your opinion on the top five shots, since I've worked myself into a place of complete indecision. And Christmas is coming! In like less than two months! :-)













9 comments:
I like #1 for the large family picture. If not that one, then I'd vote for #4.
My vote for the Christmas card would be the first one not in the Christmas card contention. (-: I think it's cute with Wyatt up in the air and everyone smiling naturally.
I also like Elie's boots.
And I HAVE to agree with you on weight going to my face!! So annoying! Sometimes when I watch The Biggest Loser I see a 300lb woman with a skinnier face than me. I'm grateful I don't weigh 330lbs, but come on. Anyway, I think your choice of clothes looks good.
I also liked #1 and #4 the best. And I think either of them would be great for a Christmas card or hanging in your home. You are such a good looking bunch that really any of the pictures would impress family and friends.
#5 stands out as best to me, most engaging and memorable (perhaps because it's zoomed in the most)
Top one, for both. Final answer.
#4. Great pictures. I loved them all. I am SOOO jealous that you even have Christmas card options at this point. It looks like we will end up with a Sunday church clothes shot this year:(. I have neighbor gifts done though!!!
These pics are great, Ang!
My vote is for #1. But my other two faves are not in the Christmas card running--the one with Wyatt jumping and the one of the whole family sitting.
I like either #2 or #5 for Christmas card. But I also think #7 would be cute for a card, too. Great photos!!
The sweaty family votes for picture #1, especially because Wyatt is ready to give Ethan a shot where the sun dont shine if Ethan gives him any grief (waachaaaaah!).
They look great. Such a good lookin fam. (p.s. Reagan likes #4)
I like #1 best because I like everyone standing so we can see how tall the kids are and it captures a moment in time. Such great photos! And I think you should get Christmas cards made with three or four different shots and just randomly sent then to people! Christmas cards - YIKES - is it that time of year already?
XO
Mom
Post a Comment