Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Goings On

I'll be darned if I can come up with a good title for this post, since I don't have an organizing principle for it. Mainly I just need to catch up on our goings on. That's what I'll call it. Goings On. Which reminds me . . . do you watch Downton Abbey? I know mom does. Anybody else out there? Oh, it's so much fun. So sad the season is over -- it was fun to shoo the kids to bed by 9:00 on Sunday nights and watch my DVRed Brits in blissful peace. And aren't these paper dolls a riot? Ah, the things one can find on the Internet. What did we do without it, truly?

Not a lot of earth shattering news at the Hallstrom house of late, although Jonas did get contacts. That's kind of a big deal, no? Just look at those baby blues, all unfettered:


The lady at Target Optical said Jonas was one of the quickest students of contact lens application that she's ever worked with. "Quicker than most grown men!" she said. After fifteen minutes he had it down, and he's been totally responsible for his contacts without needing any help or guidance from me ever since. I think he's enjoying not having to push his glasses up the bridge of his nose hundreds of times a day.

I also got to go see Wyatt's "Grandparents Day" performance. I was among the cadre of parents-standing-in-for-Grandparents. It was mostly the Mormons who were grandparentless -- every last one of us a transplant from the west. Although our bishop's wife did come and stood in as a surrogate grandma, which was SO incredibly nice. (Speaking of bishops: I had a dream last night that Forrest was called as the bishop and nobody even told me. They just called his name and he stood up, all smiley and content. I woke up in a panic. Did you know that George Albert Smith was called to be an apostle at General Conference and didn't even know it? He wasn't even there. He was taking his kids to the fair and got home and a bunch of people were on his front lawn, informing him of the matter. How the Church changes over time.)

ANYWAY . . . here are some cute pictures of my Wy-Diggity, for those grandparents who weren't able to make it:


During this particular song they had to stick their tongues out and wiggle their bottoms, much to the chagrin of one of Wyatt's friends who's very shy -- she ran off the stage in dismay.

Instruments!


This one's a little fuzzy, but I love how happy he looks. And his cute little exposed belly. (Wyatt has the best belly.)

I would have taken video but, alas, my phone didn't have enough battery. I know, I know. Why does that always happen? It's like a conspiracy.

And now I've got to get busy really writing. Now that "Field Walking" has a home, I'm rededicating myself to my oft-abandoned YA novel. Wish me luck.


5 comments:

andi said...

Good luck with your writing! B is hoping his eye Dr will give him the go-ahead for contacts next time, too. Jonas looks great!

amy said...

Thanks for the Goings On update. Wyatt is such a cutie! Was he doing "to-te-ta" by chance?

Mark Brown said...

He was at the fair with his kids instead of conference. I think that's the best thing I've heard all day. I love that.

Richard said...

Thanks for the pictures. Got to love blue eyes and bellies.
(I will now prove I'm not a robot by typing roctr and rtywo, neither of which is received well by spellcheck.)

Mom S said...

What a couple of handsome dudes. And we just said good-bye to their handsome dude-in-chief this afternoon! Thanks for the photos - Jonas looks ridiciulously handsome in his contacts. Don't forget his appointment :-)
XO
Mom
(I put a nose on my smiley face just for you!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...