To make up for the decidedly unflattering shot of Wyatt screaming in the last post, here's a cute one:
Here's a shot of Jonas, too, hanging out during his last basketball game. I think he had a pretty good time playing this year, and ended up making some baskets along the way, which was cool. For Jonas, though, the most important thing was getting his TROPHY!
Now I'm going to engage in some stream-of-consciousness, blogging minutae. Feel free to respond to any, or none, of the topics below.
-I think it's because I'm a tad post-pardum, but I feel a little bit of empathy for Britney Spears. Poor Brit and her sad little shaved head. I think her mom needs to take her to Montana or somewhere without a lot of paparazzi and make her stay in bed while she brings her hot chocolate and soup. I just think about how tired I am right now (and I am tired--bone tired--more tired than I remember being with the others--tired enough that I'm suprised to be this tired) and I think of Britney with the two babies in two years, barely a year apart, and it's no wonder she's gone off the deep end. Talk about hormones out of whack and a body that's no longer your own, etc. etc., and a part of me can see why she might shave her own head in a bit of misguided rebellion. It just makes me feel bad that people are laughing at her and making fun of her since it's pretty clear she's undergoing some kind of a breakdown. The kid needs some alone time.
-The Amazing Race: All-Stars started last night. Yessss! And we get to have Rob and Amber! I am not ashamed to say that it makes me happy that the two of them are still together and, yes, I'm rooting for them. For those of you who DON'T watch Survivor or the Amazing Race, you will not care about this one whit. But Andi . . . are you for Rob and Amber or against them? I know a lot of people thought they were too ruthless last time, but I can't help liking them for some reason. And it's great to have Charla and Mirna back again. Even though one of them is a midget, I think the non-midget (can't remember which one that is) is the more compeling of the two. She's so . . . well, strange. That Spanish accent that comes and goes. The weird flirting with non-receptive guys. She's great.
-I do not care about the Academy Awards much this year, which makes me sad because I love movies and usually love the Academy Awards. But I have seen so few of the movies this time that it's hard to get excited. I've seen Dreamgirls (liked it fine, didn't love it, but was happy to see Jennifer Hudson do such a good job); The Queen (really a very good movie, but Helen Mirren isn't as fun to watch at the Oscars as, say, Julia Roberts. Or even Renee Zellwegger or Reese Witherspoon). So I say "eh" to the Oscars this year. Too bad.
-What do we think about the Priesthood/Relief Society manuals? They can be very effective in the right hands, but oooohh, when people just read through the quotes one after another it's torture. No?
-On the way to church yesterday, Ethan said that he's been troubled by the idea that even though we "believe in God really hard" (his words), don't other people in other religions believe in their idea of God just as much as we do? So how can we say that they're wrong and we're right? He's had the same deep thoughts about Sadaam Hussein ("we think he's going to hell because he killed a lot of people, but I bet that people in Iraq think that George Bush is going to hell because he's killed a bunch of people, too. So who does God agree with, us or them?") It's wonderful to have a child who can think so deeply and broadly, but it also lets me know that we'll most definitely be having some interesting philosophical discussions with this one as he grows up.
-All Moms of diapered children: The newest version of Pampers are TERRIBLE. They have this awful weave-like material that sticks to Wyatt's behind and gives him diaper rash. Makes me want to write Pampers a disgruntled email. And I bought a big case of them before I knew!
-All Moms, period: Were you as tired as me when you're babies were little?
So that's it for now. The kids are outside sledding since we got a nice dumping of new snow this morning. And last night we made brownies, so I think I'm going to go cut myself a sliver and eat it and enjoy it before Wyatt wakes up from his nap!
4 comments:
I LOVE that new picture of Wyatt! Each picture is cuter than the last.
-I watched the Amazing Race last night and I'm rooting for Uchenna & Joyce first (do you like them?) then Rob & Amber. I also enjoy Charla & Mirna, but don't think they'll get too far. I have a natural tendency to like the married couples best.
-I have always been impressed with Ethan's thoughts ever since he started talking. I remember him asking something about how do we know if this life isn't just a big dream. So smart.
-I've never liked Pampers.
-Yes, I was tired when Jack was born, but it's probably nothing compared to having 4 kids. I could easily sleep when Jack did, plus Dave didn't have work or school for 2 of Jack's first 4 months, so he helped out a lot.
Hi there!! It feels like I'm cheating when I get to comment on your blog and was at your house holding Wyatt an hour ago! Ethan, Ethan, Ethan. Isn't he just the most mature thinker? I mean, how will he get any more mature than he already is with those comments?
And what a sweet picture of Wyatt and great picture of Joe!
As far as t.v. comments - I loved Rob and Amber when they were on the original show - but I haven't watched The Amazing Race for a couple of years because I am so directionally-challenged in real life, that I can't stand putting myself into their situations and realizing how dead in the water I would be - although I'm really good at looking things up in the phone book - that might come in handy at one point - I think about if I were on Survivor. I would practice building fires and spearing fish and lashing logs together for weeks before I went so that I would be able to be helpful. I also wonder how do they survive together for so long with bad breath?
Love
Grandma Sweat
"EH" to the Academy Awards? Are you sure we're related? I'm going to blame it on your post-partum
frame of mind.
Ok, we recorded the Amazing Race, so I watched it last night. Can they really call that the ALL STARS??? I didn't know half the people and I think I've watched almost all of the seasons. Where are the hippies. (Out of the running because they already won the million?) What about those really fun brothers from California? The really abusive guy and his wife? Or the dating couple with the guy that had that funky hair that he would sometimes wear as two little pigtails in the front like horns? I was VERY disappointed to see who the contestants were. They should've had an online poll to vote on who the ALL STARS were, kind of like the NBA does.
Phew. Now that I'm done with that rant... I am a BIG Rob and Amber fan. I love them. I watched them both seasons on Survivor and last time on Amazing Race. I think they really changed the game, bringing in their plotting and scheming. They can be mean at times--remember when they drove right by the brothers after the rolled their SUV? But, overall, I think they're very enjoyable to watch! I'm excited about them, Joyce and Uchenna, Charla and Mirna, and the coal miners.
Sorry. This could've been a blog entry unto itself! :)
Post a Comment