Last night my mom came and helped us out at night again, which was so nice and which allowed me to get a little bit more sleep. I feel really good today, as a matter of fact. I think that Wyatt has a bit of a cold--he's been sneezing and has some congestion--but nothing too bad (yet! cross fingers and toes!). Today is also the last day of "off track" for the kids. It's been nice not to have to get them out the door at 7:30--as a matter of fact, I'm a bit worried about doing that next week since I'm typically at my most hammered right around then. I'll just have to power through. But it will also be nice to have some peace and quiet, too, and not have to worry about entertaning the kids. I must say that they've been very good since the baby's been born. Not a lot of fighting, and they've all been incredibly helpful with the baby, fetching me things and quieting down when I ask them to. They're good kids. I have had five kids instead of four lately, though, because Ethan's friend Cameron (son of the Salt Lake District Attorney, previously mentioned in this blog :-) has basically been living here all week. He showed up this morning at EIGHT O'OCLOCK!! Luckly Ethan was up and I made him answer the door and politely tell Cameron it was (ahem) a bit early for playing and that he could come back later. I've fed him lunch almost every day this week (turkey with lettuce--he's very specific--yesterday after he finished his first sandwich he asked for another but I told him no--is that mean?) and about 30 minutes ago he came up from downstairs while I was feeding the baby, opened the fridge, poured himself a glass of milk, grabbed some Oreos and started heading back downstairs before I said, "Hey, Cameron? Maybe next time you could ask before you get food?" and he said, "Oh! Sorry! I asked Ethan, though, and he said yes." SIgh. He's actually a very nice kid in a lot of ways, just not a lot of adult supervision. He has a live-in nanny, but she's not the most attentive nanny on the block. Elise has been playing a lot at her friend's house, though--so I'm sure they're starting to feel like she's living *there*. I am at least grateful that all the kids have other kids to play with and aren't lonely.
So here are some more pictures. One is the possible announcement picture that my Mom referred to in the last post, the other is just a cute one of Wyatt, and then there's a shot of Ethan getting his Webelos badge. I felt bad because I didn't go, so he didn't get to give me the little pin! I think I'm going to start venturing out soon, though. Which brings me to this question: Wyatt will be three weeks old on Sunday. Do you think he's old enough to go to church, or should I still keep him home, considering it's sick season? Some people in my ward keep their baby's home for three months (which I WON'T be doing) . . . and I am starting to get antsy to get outdoors again. What do you guys think?
4 comments:
Oh, I definitely vote for the stay at home for as long as possible...for oh so many reasons :) And yes, Cameron, ask before grabbing the Oreos. Darling pics.
Keep Wyatt home; he'll have plenty of time to go to church when he becomes a stake president.
I've never had a winter baby, so I'm not the best at giving advice on this. I think if I were you, I'd probably stay home another week, just because it IS sick season, like you said. But if you decide you need to have some interaction from people other than the news anchors on TV, I wouldn't blame you. Plus, he's already had his immune system boosted by his siblings, right?
I took Jack to church the first time when he was 3 weeks old. Partially because I wanted to show him off, and because I wanted to go too. It was around the end of March by then, so the sick season was closer to being done though. I think if you want to take him, he'll be okay. Just keep him bundled up so people don't touch his hands. Everyone always wants to touch babies hands (and I can understand why, they're so cute!), but then their hands go right into their mouths and that's how they get sick. I usually kept a blanket swaddled around Jack or his BundleMe with him in his carseat to cover his hands from germy people. (-:
Post a Comment