Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Great News

It looks like my novel, True and Faithful, is going to be published! After many stops and starts, I was beginning to lose hope that this book would ever exist outside my computer hard drive. But a new LDS publisher called Parables has offered me a contract. Although it's a small publisher and doesn't have the kind of muscle that a publisher like Deseret Book might have, Parables is willing to take a risk with a literary novel-in-stories aimed at an LDS audience. I am thrilled and will do all that I can to get the book in stores. (It will be available on Amazon, but getting distribution in bookstores like DB and Seagull and Barnes and Noble is another story). I still can't quite believe it. The publisher is tentatively hoping to have the book out by Christmas, which is a pretty quick production schedule. Aack!

Now that I'm faced with the prospect of having the book out there in the world, I'm surprised at my range of emotions. Although I'm incredibly excited, I'm a little scared, too. What will people think? From my literary friends to my visiting teachers to my family to some guy in Nebraska--they could all be reading this window into my psyche and coming to conclusions over which I have no control. Scary! SCARY!

But awesome. I'm thrilled.

Stay tuned . . .

14 comments:

mindy said...

Congratulations Angie, that is great news!! I am looking forward to reading it and recommending it to everyone I know.

jeff said...

That is great news Ang, i am so excited for you. keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

If the first two stories are any indication of the entire book, I think you have nothing to fear. Congratulations.

andrea said...

Oh my gosh! Can I have your autograph Ang? That is so, so exciting. I'll be in line to buy it from Amazon as soon as it's available.

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Oh man, congratulations, Angie! That is so, so cool. Way to go. Can't wait to get my own autographed copy. Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Delise said...

Sign me up for the autographed copy as well...is this part of the one you were working on at BYU? A variation? Something completely new? What an exciting achievement and a dream come true! Yay for you!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! It'll be so cool to have a real book with your name as the author. Plus that will probably help you get your foot in the door for bigger places like Deseret Book. I've started reading it, but have a hard time reading off the computer. I'm be able to finish it much quicker when I can relax on the couch, eat some brownies, and delve into your psyche. (-:

Ang said...

Delise (and anyone else who is wondering)--It's a novel-in-stories, basically a set of interconnected short stories (a la "The Joy Luck Club," if you've read it) about a contemporary LDS family. Most of the stories seem to revolve around issues of marriage and family. It's a hard novel to describe in a sentence or two (no blurbs like "The ghost of a civil war veteran terrorizes a motel in Maine!" and so forth). Mostly it's about family and committment, sticking around when the going gets tough and such. I just realized that I'm probably going to have to do a better job describing the book because people are going to ask. Aack!

Delise said...

Now I can't wait to read it even more...woo hoo!

Delise said...

(side note: Amy the brownies sound good too...I need to check out your blog and see an updated picture of you because you are still 11 years old in my brain...weird!)

Anonymous said...

My daughter....the writer....

Anonymous said...

Delise, I've already checked out your blog. (-:
You and Angie are still 21 in my mind (so I guess that would make me 11).

Julia Warren said...

Oooo...Congratulations Angie! What a substantial life achievement! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to the one
you're going to write about the Civil War ghost and the motel in Maine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...