Newsy tidbits, occasional musings, family updates & a photo or two
Monday, July 30, 2007
Great Grandma's 80th Birthday
We all got together at my Aunt Karla and Uncle Richard's house this weekend for my Grandma Ranquist's 80th birthday. It was a lot of fun to see so many family members that we haven't seen in a long time, and we all loved hanging out in the Hjorth's backyard (so beautiful). I'm short on time tonight, but I wanted to post a video of the grandkids doing a 4 person "duet" (okay, so I know four people is techincally a quartet, but there was some part sharing going on). Major props to my mom for patiently and painstakingly teaching each one of these kids his or her part, and then getting them together to practice. Considering how hard it is to keep grown-ups in time, it's quite a feat to get kids to do such a great job. So excellent work to the grandkids and the grandma! Here they are:
And here's a picture of Grandma Ranquist with all the great-Grandkids (being surprisingly cooperative!)
And lastly, a cute picture of Ethan and Wyatt, because they're cute:
SOOOOO wish we could've been there. Thanks for posting the video and pics, Ang. At least I got a little taste of what the celebration was like. The kids did awesome on the piano. Very impressive.
And I LOVE the pic with all the grandkids. Jane's hair is looking very cute. Both Jack and Wyatt look like such big boys!
The 4 little pianists did so good! I was very impressed. I was also very impressed with the picture of all the great grandkids with Grandma Ranquist. Not one screaming baby.
Thanks so much for posting the video of the kids playing - I've never heard it - I'm always too busy counting - they did such a great job - I was thrilled with how well they did - it was a memorable night for everyone - wish the whole entire family could have been there - but that's life and that's why we are so lucky to have all of you great bloggers keeping us close as a family. thanks to you all, Love Mom
Very impressive four-tet! I didn't realize Amy, Dave & Jack were in town and I looked at the photo and thought, "Wow, that really looks like Jack, but must be a baby on the Hjorth side."
5 comments:
Eight hands on! Impressive and such a great job by all! What a fun celebration.
SOOOOO wish we could've been there. Thanks for posting the video and pics, Ang. At least I got a little taste of what the celebration was like. The kids did awesome on the piano. Very impressive.
And I LOVE the pic with all the grandkids. Jane's hair is looking very cute. Both Jack and Wyatt look like such big boys!
The 4 little pianists did so good! I was very impressed. I was also very impressed with the picture of all the great grandkids with Grandma Ranquist. Not one screaming baby.
Thanks so much for posting the video of the kids playing - I've never heard it - I'm always too busy counting - they did such a great job - I was thrilled with how well they did - it was a memorable night for everyone - wish the whole entire family could have been there - but that's life and that's why we are so lucky to have all of you great bloggers keeping us close as a family.
thanks to you all,
Love
Mom
Very impressive four-tet! I didn't realize Amy, Dave & Jack were in town and I looked at the photo and thought, "Wow, that really looks like Jack, but must be a baby on the Hjorth side."
Post a Comment