Monday, July 16, 2007

Wyatt Dean, Sitting Machine

Wyatt has started sitting up like a big kid and it makes him seem so old to me. Here's a shot of his prowess--please excuse the drool and spit up. He's sitting on the floor in my office, the room in the house he hates above all. Every time I even walk through the office holding him he cries. Isn't it funny? He knows I need to answer email/edit manuscripts/work on my novel/blog (okay, so I don't need to blog, but sometimes I WANT to :-). Babies are too smart.



I do have to give Wyatt props for being a good boy at Yuba this weekend. We went with four other families in the neighborhood and had a wonderful time, and even though Wyatt spent most of the day in the baby Bjorn, trucking around the beach and contemplating the water, he enjoyed himself too. The big news of the weekend, though, was that Ethan and Elise both got up on skis! Jonas gave it a really good try, too--he's close. The look on Elise's face the first time she got up was priceless. Pure joy. And not only did Ethan get up, but when he fell he got up all on his own in the middle of the lake without any help. So I'm proud of the kids.

And last but not least, 15 years ago today a barely-20-year old college sophomore and a 21-year-old who'd been home from his mission for three whole months climbed into their 1976 Plymoth Volare and drove into the sunset of wedded bliss. :-) Seriously, though, I couldn't be luckier to have the husband I do, a guy who makes me laugh and trusts me and loves me for who I am. It's a cliche to say that your husband is your best friend . . . but he really is my favorite person. Happy Anniversary, hon.



(So young, so much hair product . . .)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary; you both look great.
The first new car we ever bought was a Plymouth Volare. Some time we'll share its sad/funny history with you.
Congrats, too, to Ethan and Elise
for their water skiing skills.
It was great to see you yesterday.
Thanks for helping us celebrate.

Leslie said...

There's the Angie that I know, the college age girl that helped to make my most memorable year at the BYU. And I don't even know your favorite person, Forrest, because I went off on my mission and you went off to live with him and make babies. And now you're telling me it's been 15 years since it all went down? Crazy! Well, Happy Anniversary to the both of you, AMM!(as your grandpa would say!)love ya!

Delise said...

Happy Anniversay for the happy couple! Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

I checked the blog on Monday and read your post, but the picture of you and 4 wasn't there. I'm glad I decided to check again because there you guys are, the perfect early 90's couple. (-:

Wyatt looks so big! I want to come see him again.

andrea said...

Major props to Ethan and Elise! And hang in there, Jo, you'll get it one of these days, too.

Happy Anniversary, Ang and 4. It seems weird to me that you'd only been married 5 years when Andrew and I got married. It seemed like you were already old pros. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...