
2. Looking forward to the next episode of The X-Files
3. My creaseless forehead
4. Truly believing that one could eat as many mini marshmallows, gummy candies, Hot Tamales, bagels, and platters of spaghetti with red sauce as one wanted because they were low fat and therefore ABSOLUTELY HARMLESS
5. Commercials for the Health Rider on TV

6. Our convertible Jeep Wrangler
7. Kurt Cobain

(I still blame Courtney.)
8. Owning a house that cost less than $100,000
9. Being blissfully unaware that I was supposed to pluck my eyebrows.
(Once you go down that road, friends, there's no turning back.)10. Sleeping in (circa 1990-1996)
What do YOU miss about the 90s?
13 comments:
Without a doubt, my perm. I am sure I held on to it WAY too long but we had a disadvantage growing up in West Valley. I also miss my knit tapered pants(good thing that was the 90's because that would not work for me now:)) and Vanilla Ice. How about pink and blue furniture? It was junk but I sure did love it!
It was the last time years looked the way they always had. For the first 76 years of my life it was something you could count on: years ALWAYS began with 19.
Great list! I think I'm going to copy you and do my own 10 things on my blog.
I totally agree with The X-Files & the Jeep.
I don't miss pants with zippers longer than two inches. Not flattering, IMO.
Sigh. The X Files. I miss when Gillian Anderson didn't have a British accent.
Jenny, the pink and blue. Do remember the one accent wall in the front room of my house? Painted peach? PEACH? I don't miss peach. Or mint green.
Grandpa, I still can't figure out what we're going to call this decade. The aughts? That sounds way too British for me.
And Amy, okay, maybe the hip hugging low zippered look works well for girls like you, will well-defined waistlines. But if you're straight up and down, the pants don't stay hitched. Forrest told me he's getting me a belt for Christmas, all the pants-hitching I do. It's the price I pay for fashion. I just can't do Mom jeans.
Mark, I miss David Duchovney NOT being a sex addict in rehab even more than I miss Gillian's original speech patterns.
Who are those people in that photograph? I hope they're not related because they are very unattractive. Pegged Levi's? Tucked in baggy T-shirts? Bangs? Stone washed jeans? Bright yellow background? Zippers that could fit a tent? I think my eyes just threw from an overload of 1993.
;)
Amen on Kurt Cobain. I also miss watching edgy MTV shows that I'm embarrassed today to admit that I enjoyed (early seasons of the Real World, Beavis & Butthead, etc.)
Dave, who are those people in that photograph?? Really??
That's 90210, baby!
Drew, I also liked the original Real World and do you remember the MTV game show "Remote Control"? I liked that one. Oh, and I loved "Win Ben Stein's Money" on Comedy Central.
Back when game shows were small and cheap, not filled with bespangled blonds with suitcases, ominous music cues and meeeelllliiooons of dollars.
I miss that my biggest concern at the time was.... which long zippered pants to wear?!?!
You had some good ones, Ang. (Although I'm with Amy on the jeans.) One of the other things I miss is rap music that wasn't too far over the line. Or maybe it was just my naivete that made it seem like it was acceptable. I loved listening to Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Coolio, etc. If I have to cover my kids' ears when it's on, it probably shouldn't be on.
Good call on the X-files. I miss that show.
And I also miss the Super NES, Sega Genesis and original Playstation video game consoles.
I'm so disappointed David Duchovny turned out to be a sleazebag...I always thought he and Tea Leoni were a cool couple. And I guess I'm not all that nostalgic about the 90's. I'm drawing a blank. I do remember the dawn of e-mail and the double-u double-u double-u---thrilling times, and we had no idea what was in store. Thanks, Al Gore, for inventing the internet.
How about your lovely roommates...I can't believe we didn't make the list!! :p
The Bald Eagle...Taco Bell/Denny's/Wendy's/Subway runs...ahhh to be able to eat and burn off an entire foot long sandwich again :)
Post a Comment