I love Conference weekend. Not quite as much as I did when I was Primary President in Minnesota (oh, the relief!) but right now it's 9:45 a.m., I'm sitting on the couch in my U of U sweatpants and Johnny Cupid's Bar & Grill t-shirt, ready to chill and listen. Chilling and listening are good things.
And can you believe all the snow in Utah over the last couple of weeks? Although it was a big fat pain in lots of ways, I was selfishly glad for it last week because two of our three baseball games were canceled and so was soccer yesterday morning. Forrest was out of town from Sun to Fri, so it was Nice with a capital N not to have to chase Wyatt around in the biting wind. I'd wake up and pray for snow. Prayers ANSWERED!
I am not a good sports mother. I'm trying.
Elise's cute friends across the street, "the twins" McKenzie and Taylor, moved yesterday. Elise is sad. They were good kids. There are new residents in the house to our East, too, but I haven't met them yet. Forrest has though. Forrest always seems to meet everybody. (It helped that he was outside breaking up a section of our driveway with a sledgehammer--the concrete was all pitted and icky and he's going to replace it. Good first impressions? BANG BANG BANG! Hi There! BANG BANG BANG!)
Jonas is sick. He threw up at my mom's house last night into a large cast iron pot we brought for the express purpose of containing his vomit. It was my cousin Meghan's bridal shower--and oh, she looked so pretty and happy, the quintessential glowing bride--and all the men were at Priesthood session, so Joe had to buck up and come. He's a very good sick person. Takes care of things, etc. He's doing a little better this morning but is still a little green. (Around the gills. Where in the world did that expression come from??)
Wyatt likes to dance to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He kills me. He also just got a haircut and looks like a little thug. A cute little thug who loves the MoTab.
Ethan is now on Facebook and just threw a sheep at me using SuperPoke. It is a new day.
And last but not least, HAVE YOU SEEN MY BROTHER'S COMMERCIAL???? It's on right this very minute. Right before conference. It's SO VERY COOL! You can see it on the Why? Facebook page here.
5 comments:
Understood most of what you said but when it got all technical with Ethan's latest accomplishments, you lost me. Hope the new neighbors have girls Elise's age.
Your driveway is too new to have the jackhammer needed. Must be these Utah winters. Can't believe the forethought it must have taken to bring along a kettle for that specific purpose. Who cuts Wyatt's hair, I'm looking for a good barber. LOL and SYL
friend Marilyn Burt summed it up: "I love church in sweat pants!"
Love,
Mom
oops - something went haywire when I was posting my comment. The sentence "Speaking of general conference weekend, my friend..."
got deleted!
mama
put my two comments together and you have "My friend friend"
Xo
Mom Mom
So you are responsible for the bad weather last week. Some of us LIKE to watch baseball you know!
Post a Comment