Jonas Leo got baptized! (And doesn't he look handsome there with his handsome dad?)
It was a wonderful day. We had lots of friends and family in attendance, a portion of which is (of whom are??) pictured here:
We also almost got a halfway decent family photo, if only Wyatt didn't have his fingers in his mouth:
I can't imagine a better kid than my freckly-nosed Joe. We're so lucky to have him in our family, and it was great to be able to celebrate his baptism with so many people who love him too.
We also had some good stuff during the two weeks the "middle children" (Jonas and Elise) were off-track from school. They had a piano recital--duets!--and they played together masterfully. Didn't even kick each other underneath the piano.
We spent a fun day at the zoo with my friend Delise and her kids:
Oh, and we also celebrated my Dad's 60th birthday with a SURPRISE birthday bash. A surprise that was miraculously carried off, since it borders on impossible to pull anything over on Detective Dad. But we did!
And last but not least, my sister's in town with her kids for the week. We had a lot of fun today with them and Grandma at Jungle Gyms (thanks Grandma!). Wyatt's a BIG fan of bumper cars, spinny things, swoopy rides and merry-go-rounds--especially with Grandma. Can you tell?
All in all, a really fun week, full of lots of good stuff. The only mixed blessing of the week was the cancellation of my spring creative writing class--not enough students to carry it. But I say mixed because although I'll miss the paycheck, it was going to be tough to squeeze in two nights a week away from home and the compressed grading schedule. I'm hoping it will give me some time to wrap up the anthology I'm editing and actually finish the blasted short story I've been working on for the past (what??) six months? And then once that's done, maybe I can start on one of my two abandoned novels. Maybe? Hopefully? Can I get my behind in gear? ("Yes, Angie, you can!" you all say. And I thank you for your support. I need it. Sometimes I think a small dose of obsessive-compulsive disorder would come in handy. But that's another post . . .)
8 comments:
Yes, you can (and should) get that behind in gear and finish another novel. You have a hungry public now and we demand to be fed. Loved the pic of Jo and For.
It's definitely a sign of emerging maturity when they stop kicking each other under the piano during duets.
Thanks for the great pics.
How exciting for Jonas! What a big kid!
Can't wait to see you all this summer.
Yes, Angie, you can finish a novel. Your fans are waiting! Semi-patiently.
What a cute family picture! And, I will add my vote to the, "can't wait for another novel" group!
"I can't think of a better kid than my freckley-nosed Joe." Oh, please. Did you even remember the kid who actually EATS your dinners!?! Who actually does his laundry without a fit!?! COME ON!!!!!!!
Great comment, Ethan.
Congratulations Jonas! I wish the timing would've worked out and I could've flown in a day earlier and been there.
Too bad about your class, but another novel would be great. Let me be your student for a moment, why isn't "could've" a word? I use it quite often and am tired of it being underlined red.
Nan - The baptism day of Jonas was a day I'll always remember. He looked as angelic as an 8-year-old boy can look and that picture of Forrest and him captures it so well!
And Ethan, Ethan. You are our next generation of writers.
XO
Grandma Sweat
Extraordinarily beautiful pictures, Angie. I loved all the separate ones of the kids at Bryce. And yes, Forrest does look spectacularly hunky as he is finishing the race. (It's that muscle definition in the right arm, among other things....).
Aunt Julie
Post a Comment