Friday, January 15, 2010

Dispensation!

So Dispensation: Latter-Day Fiction is now available.  I spent the better part of 2009 editing this anthology of short stories by Mormon authors, and in many ways I'm prouder of this book than anything I've ever done professionally, perhaps because it's an opportunity to give a longer life to so many excellent short stories that might have otherwise been overlooked or forgotten.  The work in it is so good, and it's my hope that Dispensation will have a lasting impact in the (admittedly small) world of Mormon letters.  Fans of literary fiction and/or short stories will probably like this book best, and I realize that out in the wide world of commercial publishing this book will make barely a ripple.  But it's done, it's good, it's published, and it will exist in the real world on somebody's bookshelf for a long long time.  That makes me very happy.  It's available online at Amazon, Barnes & Noble (the best deal right now), and on Zarahemla Books' website, and should be in some bricks-and-mortar bookstores like Barnes & Noble and the BYU Bookstore sometime soon.  Hooray!

I also started my new semester at the BYUSL Center, and I'm happy to report that my class has eight students (perfect!) and a great mix of personalities and abilities.  It looks so far to be a fun semester.  I'm glad.

Now if we could just get this inversion to blow on out of the valley!

6 comments:

The Oregonians said...

Congratulations, Angie.
Time to start your next project.

andrea said...

We just placed our order for Dispensation yesterday. It included a couple of items that are on pre-order. Unlike Amazon, I think B&N is waiting until everything is released to ship our book. Looking forward to reading it in late Feb. :)

Mom said...

Ang - The book looks so inviting and I loved the paragraph I randomly read when you had your proof. I look forward to many happy hours of reading and am so happy for you and everyone involved. You go girl!
Love,
Mom

amy said...

Congrats, Ang! I think it's awesome that you're involved in so many fulfilling things. I look forward to reading the book too.

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

Congratulations on the book, Ang. That's a big accomplishment.

Ant Julie said...

Way to go, Angie. To spend an entire year on it and then be happy with your work is very satisfying, I'm sure. I'll get my copy soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...