Wednesday, August 04, 2010

More Summer Fun

Here are some more shots of last week with the fam.  First, big thanks to Andrea for emailing me some of her great shots!


The almost-fourth graders, digging their way to China.  They're so cute together.  Might they be mad that I say they're cute together?  But they are.


A sunset ride on the boat.  The water was gorgeous.  I love riding on the boat just before nightfall.

So I took this one (and some of the others) but hadn't uploaded yet because it was on my phone.  I'm sure you can tell it was a phone picture--dang graininess--but this shot of the boys asleep a few minutes after they'd settled in to watch cartoons was too cute to miss.



The cousins also had fun at Grandma's house while the guys went golfing.  Andi had always wanted to take a pyramid shot.  And now she got one!


On Saturday, Grandma treated all the girls to tea-time at the Grand America hotel.  It was SO MUCH FUN.  Finger sandwiches, gorgeous desserts, little teapots full of hot chocolate and plum tea (I was the only one who ordered tea--herbal!--as the waitress noted no less than three times.  And I kinda regretted not getting the hot chocolate.  Mormons!)  There was a harpist in her functional black dress, and the bathrooms were so beautiful we had to take a trip to go check them out.  I'm sure the girls won't forget this any time soon.


We also hoofed it over to temple square to see the new miniature temple cutout, which was really cool.  The weather, however, was NOT cool, and we were all pretty sweaty when we got to the car.  Elise grew out of her shoes along the way, too.  I tell the truth!  She could no longer put her shoes on after she took them off in the car.  We drove to Target on the way home to get her friend a birthday present, and Elise walked in barefooted, headed straight for the shoe aisle, and picked a pair of flip flops.  Women's, size 8 1/2.  Yes, it's true: we now wear the same shoe size.  How tall is this girl going to be???

Then on Saturday night we headed over to Karla's to celebrate Grandma Ranquist's birthday.  It was so much fun to see everybody, especially before we go, and check out Karla's gorgeous new kitchen.  (Seriously, those blue built-ins?  To die for!)  The back yard at Aunt Karla and Uncle Richard's is a grandkids' paradise, and they all had a great time scampering around till late into the night.


(Thanks to Andi again for the picture.  And for the next one.)


Grandma Ranquist with all the (present) grandkids.  Just missing: Amy, Abby, Adam, Jessica, Drake and Jonathan. And geez, Andrew, you really are freakishly tall.  Just in case you forgot.

It was such a great week.  It melted away a lot of my stress and it was so nice just to hang with family and have FUN.  It made me sad, though, too--to be leaving all these people I love.  (We also went up to Darrin and Katie's for a Wilkey FHE on Sunday night--no pictures, though--and got to hug and talk to dozens of Wilkeys, which was also fun and sad.)

My only consolation is that I know when you're gone, then the times that you do spend together are even more intensely fun, e.g., we wouldn't have done a lot of this stuff if Andrew and Andi hadn't come to town. Now we just have to figure out how to coordinate all our family vacations so all the Sweat kids are in town at the same time.  And leg wrestle over who gets to stay in Grandma and Grandpa's basement.

7 comments:

Mom said...

Seriously, that picture of you and Forrest in the boat at sunset - you ought to frame that - I just LOVE it. Plus that picture of Wyatt and Eli asleep - so dear. and the 9-year-olds do rock. All of them are awesome. Your comment about Elise growing out of her shoes as you drove to Target made me laugh out loud. I say she's going to be 5 foot 10. What do you say?
XO
Your mama

amy said...

I cannot believe Elise wears an 8 1/2! I only wear a 7. How tall is she right now?

Did anyone take a picture of Aunt Karla's kitchen? Mom told me all about it and I'd love to see a picture.

Love the picture of all you girls at temple square. It looks like you coordinated colors.

P.S. We've got dibs on Mom's basement.

It's in writing now - it's official. (-:

Blob said...

I've got it all figured out. The grandkids will sleep on floors and couches, and the moms and dads will each get a bedroom. See? EASY SNEEZY! There's even enough bathrooms. We can divide up the cooking chores like we did at Pineview - each meal I didn't have to make tasted so yummy!

Joey/Denny/Emma said...

LOVE the photos. That first one is so great -- love Brandon's gleeful grin. What a good-looking crop of cousins.

The Oregonians said...

We agree on all the comments about the great pictures and beautiful children.
Can't help noting what a differenc one generation can make in "grandma's basement."
But OURS had a work bench!!!

Julie said...

Angie, these pictures are beautiful! The sunset with you and Forrest, the precious sleeping boys, tea time, for crying out loud. What fun!!! Extra beautiful pics.

andrea said...

Mom's plan for sleeping arrangements sounds good. But I was SOOO looking forward to seeing you and Andrew leg wrestle. My money was on drew.

P.S. Tony and Cindy have some floor space, too, right? Maybe I should put my dibs on theirs. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...