Thursday, March 31, 2011

A New Cover for Bound on Earth!

. . . thanks to the Lovely and Talented Julia Higgins Warren



And here's the entire cover, so you can see the back (which I love):


I think it looks fabulous. I never loved the layout and font of my original cover and this looks so much better. Not only that, but we were able to include the Whitney award seal and some of the more recent reviews. Although BoE has never sold a ton of copies, it's still selling some every month, is read in some Mormon Lit courses, and continues to get reviewed in places. It got a kind of hilarious mention in the Boston Globe. (I say hilarious because the reviewer called BoE a "national breakout," which it most certainly wasn't, but hey, I'll take a mention in the Boston Globe! And if they're going to get something wrong, I'll take exaggeration. She also somehow lumped the yellow journalism that is John Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven in with the Mormon authors, so obviously she didn't do her homework). A review of BoE is coming out in the most recent issue of BYU Studies as well, written by someone who actually read the novel, which makes me happy. So I'm glad that anybody who buys it now gets the new cover, even if that number is small. Thank you so much Julia!

Also, it's now available as an ebook for the low, low price of $3.99.  You don't have to have a Kindle in order to read Amazon's ebooks; you can download their Kindle app for free on your computer or on your phone. Although I don't really like reading books on my computer or on my phone . . . but still. It's an option.

Dispensation is also available as an ebook, for the even lower low price of $2.99, a real steal considering how many stories are in the volume. Bang for your buck!  I was excited to hear that Dispensation received an award at the most recent AML conference, as well. (The first AML conference I've missed in like six years? It was strange not to be a part of it. Sigh.)

Anyway, that's the latest from the writerly side of my life. I'm almost done with the first draft of a new short story and I'm enjoying the new writing group I've joined with some LDS women in my area. They're great, and it'll give me deadlines, which I always, always need. As soon as my short story is finished, I'm getting back on track with my novel, no matter how much it scares me. I am!

And there will be a nice, big post detailing the birthdays of two of the wonderful men in my life, Jonas and his father, coming very very soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new cover looks fantastic. Good for you. And I'm for another novel from your brilliant mind.

amy said...

I like the new cover! The darker background makes the earth appear farther away and gives it more perspective. And I don't just mean artistic perspective, but the eternal realm too. Am I analyzing it too much? It looks good.

Grandma Swe said...

I love the new look - it's so rich and eye-catching. And the artistic collaboration of you and Julia is pretty thrilling. Not only am I touched by the talents of both of you, but I know I speak for Grandma and Grandpa Hiatt and Grandmother Nan,Grandfather Byron, Grandmother Julie and Grandfather John in saying "our progeny is profoundly proficient!"
XO
Mom

Julia Warren said...

Ooo, I clicked over to your blog and saw my name mentioned! And props given! How exciting. I am just so happy that you love it and that you are content. You were a very easy client to work with :)

Can you download the e book version for the iPad?

Sharlee said...

BEAUTIFUL new cover, Angela! Wow.

(Can I admit that I felt a little stab in my heart when I read that you had joined a new writers group?)

Love and miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...