Friday, June 29, 2007

Ethan's standup routine

Yesterday was the 5th grade talent show. The top four performers in each of the 4 5th grade classes performed, and Ethan did his standup act. Once again, Mom was a little nervous because he insisted on doing all new material (even though his Teletubbies/Dora the Explorer humor KILLED last time!). So that morning at 7:20, still in our pajamas, Ethan and I went over ideas for his new routine. But the kid pulled it off! I missed videoing the first 20 seconds or so of the routine (dumb camera problems), much to Ethan's dismay. I was so proud of how well he did, up there in front of the whole fifth grade PLUS parents. So here he is, Ethan Hallstrom, comedian extraordinaire. (Oh, and you can't tell but his shirt says "It's My Brother's Fault". This will factor in to one of the jokes at the end.)



Pretty good delivery and sense of comic timing for a 10 year old, don't you think!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

With my hearing aids I couldn't understand one word of Ethan's stand up routine, but I watched his non-verbal delivery and the audience reaction. Anyone who can get laughs from his peers is GOOD.
(Did I also hear a chuckle from the camerawoman at one point?)
Congratulations, Ethan. Next stop:
Leno, Letterman, or "Last Comic Standing."

Anonymous said...

That was awesome Ethan! I laughed the entire time. I'm very impressed with the quality of your jokes. They are really funny. Nice use of the fart joke. And what does it mean when the weasel pops? I could never figure that one out. Good job. I see a career path.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Ethan! I was very impressed with how smoothly you delivered the routine, without notes or anything. That's tough to do when you're in front of a crowd.

andrea said...

Ethan, Ethan! I'm SO impressed with your stand-up. It's one thing to be a funny guy, but quite another to pull it off in front of a crowd. You rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...