I was pretty worried when I saw him bobbing out there in the water with blood streaming down his head, but he was very masculine and nonchalant about the whole thing. He was even waving off the need for stitches until after we came home and he was chatting with a neighbor while he cleaned out the boat and noticed blood seeping out from under the bandage. (oops.) Luckily, he didn't need stitches, just that super glue for skin, and he should be good as new. With maybe a little scar up high on his forhead to show how even at 36, nothing slows him down.
So it's officially summer! The kids had their last day of school, and here's the obligitory sitting-on-the-front-steps picture that I like to do. It's the first time since Kindergarten that Elise hasn't come home sobbing. (Although she tells me she did cry at school).
All three of the kids had a great year. Now we have seven weeks off--lucky D trackers! the B & C trackers only have three--and before we know it we'll be back to the races again. Elise is starting her summer off with a bang at horse training camp. I just found the camp last week--the one I had wanted to do was full--and I decided to sign her up, even though I would have liked for her to do it later on in the summer when she was bored. But she's been wanting to do this for so long, and she had a great time today. I went to pick her up and she was all dusty and sweaty and beaming, chattering 100 miles a minute about her horse "Buddy" and riding bare back. She has a "horse show" on Friday, the last day of the camp, for family members, so I'll take pictures and share.
Oh, and I just have to include this pic of Wyatt looking cute in his bumbo seat on the beach. I also have to thank my friend Michelle for the hat. It's the only one I have that doesn't fly off of his head or fall down into his eyes. Wyatt would thank her too, I'm sure:
6 comments:
OUCH! We hope Forrest is healing nicely and if there's a slight scar that it will only add to his "savoir faire."
Thanks for the pictures of the kids on the front steps and of Wyatt looking more stake presidential every day.
I was hoping you got a picture of the "incident" - Forrest can add it to the "gun" scar he got on the other side of his noggin about 15 years ago when Dennis and Richard and the cousins took him hunting!
Darling front steps picture and the picture of Wyatt is so cute!
XO
Mom
Forrest...my goodness. The perils of wakeboarding.
That photo of the kids is too, too darling. They have sun-kissed faces! :)
By the way, loved Ethan's stand-up routine. The boy's got talent.
I love the pictures of the kids on the last day of school. They always turn out so cute!
Very impressive, Forrest. One day I too hope to have an incident on the wake board when I crash after being up and out of the water. (-:
Unlike Amy, I'm having second thoughts about every trying the wakeboard again! Oh, wait. I guess I just shouldn't try a 180 on choppy water, huh?
Loved all the pics. Forrest looks like he doesn't even know there is blood spouting out of the side of his head. The kids look adorable on the front step. It's funny not having met Wyatt yet. Usually I only see him in solo pics on the blog. Sometimes I forget he's really part of a family of six.
I love getting to see and know your kids too! As well as your husband!
Post a Comment