I also just read a newspaper article that people who drink at least one can of pop a day are more likely to get diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and basically turn into all around fatties, and it doesn't matter if the pop is diet or regular. Here's the link: http://www.latimes.com/news/science/la-sci-soda24jul24,0,3841323.story. Bah, I say to that. And humbug. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that people who just can't give up their Diet Coke--even with all the peer-pressure from the highly moral water-drinking crowd who look just a bit askance at a pop drinking habit, even a diet one (and don't get offended, you righteous water drinkers, you know you do it)--also eat five marshmallows when they come home from working out.
I did drink water during my workout. Putting Diet Coke in my water bottle would be pushing it, even for me.
So here are some random items from the week. First and most noteworthy is that my parents just bought a totally kickin' motorcycle. Yes, Grandma and Grandpa Sweat are ratcheting up the Grandparent cool quotient a couple of notches. I'm glad for them, though. They both love it--my dad had been a motorcycle cop back in the day--and they're still young enough to enjoy it. So I say good for them. My dad came over last night and gave us all a ride and even spinning around the block was exhilarating. Here's a picture of Elise with Grandpa:
And here's a picture of the boys with their water guns, just so they won't feel like they're not getting any blog time.
Finally, we are 98% done with our "forest corner" in the back yard. (Still some wood chips to put down and a few other cosmetic adjustments). Here's the finished product, complete with the little burbling fountain Forrest installed. I'm lucky to have a hubby who's so good with landscaping, no?
And last but not least, here's a cute video I took of Wyatt last week.
Oh! He went to his six month check up and weight a strapping 16 lbs. 2 oz. and is in the 15% for weight and the 75% for height. Ethan had his check up, too, and was the 15% for weight and 50% for height. So hopefully both of them will stay away from the Diet Coke and marshmallows and they can retain such admirable body fat ratios.
4 comments:
Fun post. From a girl who likes working out (although I need to be more consistent) I always think "Oh, I went running today, it's okay to eat another brownie." I'm absolutely terrible with changing my eating habits. I'd rather work out a little more and have my Pepsi. (-:
The motorcycle looks so fun! I think Mom and Dad will have a lot of fun with it.
I can't believe Wyatt is 16lbs! That seems huge to me. Jack was only 12lbs 12oz at his 6 months checkup.
Finally, I love the 'forest corner'. Now that I've had a tiny bit of experience with landscaping I notice it a lot more and am very impressed with Forrest's work.
What? A motorcycle? I think mom and dad not only upped the "grandparent" cool meter, I think they just beat US out on the cool quotient, too!
Didn't you decide your body is going to weigh the same regardless of your eating/workout habits? Go eat another marshmallow, I say.
And the backyard is gorgeous! I LOVE it.
Better marshmellows than say cheesecake...ask me anytime and I will rationalize just about anything for you! But way to go in attending a cycling class. The seats hurt my bum too but I like to think that it's because it's "bony"? Umm ya.
My favorite part of this post was listening to your cute, happy, loving mommy voice in the Wyatt video!
Love,
Mom Sweat
Post a Comment