And if you look closely, you'll see my sister-in-law asleep on the floor, and her 7 month old baby sent straight from heaven to grace us with her presence staring contentedly at a puzzle piece. At 11:30 at night. She'd been at it for an hour, smiling, cooing, grabbing her toes. Where do these babies come from??? (Oh, yes. Heaven. I guess I already answered that.)
Happy New Year, all y'all! (Okay, yes, a few days late.)
(and p.s., for my Mom's sake, yes I realize a posted a picture of you with your hair standing up on the back of your head . . . but I'll make sure everyone knows that you'd been lying on the ground and you smoothed it back down a few seconds after taking the picture. Lest they get the wrong impression of your impeccable grooming. :-).
(and another p.s., speaking of 80s lyrics, Forrest and I took this 80s lyrics quiz a few days ago, during a snowed-in day last week, and our score was deemed "scarily good" at 109. Can you beat us??)
5 comments:
Was that duet as good as "The Stinkbugs"?
87, not too bad I guess since I was less than 10 years old for the entire 80's.
So Russell and I got a 79. I am giving him most of the credit for the bad score! His excuse was "If I could just hear the tune I would remember the words." I bet Forrest gave you a lot more help! It was fun anyhow.
Don't know my 80's lyrics but do have a vivid recollection of you doubled over laughing when I was doing the rap part of "Love Shack!"
That was SUCH a fun New Years Eve - thanks for a wonderful night and don't forget, some day you too will be cursed with old-lady back of the head hair!
XO
Mom
72. But that's with spelling "Jessie" wrong and not getting credit for it.
Sing star is so fun. Dad has to be on a team next time. Their duet was priceless.
Post a Comment